POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVRay Program Files : POVRay Program Files Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay Program Files
From: Michael
Date: 27 Feb 1998 01:21:59
Message: <34f65bba.0@news.povray.org>
I have two questions:

1.)  Are all the files needed to run POVRay located in it's directory?  I
need to know if any of the files went into another directory during
installation (ie - a .dll file going to windows/system).

and...

2.)  If all of the files are in the same directory, could I copy them all to
an iomega zip disk and run the program on another computer?  If this were
possible, would it slow down the rendering speed?

I'm interested in doing this because I have access to campus computers which
are much better than mine and would like to raytrace on them (for speed
reasons).  I would assume that if I started the program from the zip disk,
most, if not all of it, would go into RAM (there's 96MB memory on these
comps.) so once it was loaded, it wouldn't access my zip disk too much.  Am
I right?

thanks for any help